Saturday, May 23, 2009

Neo-Con Lasts 6 Seconds of Waterboarding

There was never any doubt in my mind that waterboarding is torture, plain and simple.  I have seen it done in Vietnam and I knew instantaneously how cruel this act was.

Mancow is a conservative radio talk show host who in the past has repeatedly ridiculed the idea that waterboarding rose to the hieghts of torture.

To prove his point he volunteered to let himself be waterboarded in front of media camera's.  He changed his tune about the subject in a quick but terrifying six seconds.

Listen to the man as he has to recant his right wing belief that  waterboarding was not torture.  Proving as most sane people already know that Cheney is a fraud and a liar that has cost Americans their lives.

In contrast to submerging the head face-forward in water, waterboarding precipitates an almost immediate gag reflex. The technique does not inevitably cause lasting physical damage. It can cause extreme pain, dry drowning, damage to lungs, brain damage from oxygen deprivation, other physical injuries including broken bones due to struggling against restraints, lasting psychological damage or, ultimately, death.  Adverse physical consequences can start manifesting months after the event; psychological effects can last for years.

The Law May 23, 2009 at 3:11 AM

Maybe, just maybe the argument on torture is over and done. Hannity and O'Reily can't possibly refute that...

LazyKing May 23, 2009 at 6:31 AM

I agree with you: torture

Brian Anderson May 25, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Think we'll see this on Fox News?

SpkTRUTH2Pwr May 26, 2009 at 2:59 AM

Such a good video. Anyone in their right mind knows it is torture. Why Conservs argue it is not is simply the product of stubbornness. I respect him for being able to admit he was wrong though.

Fun Husband May 29, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Mental, but not physical. The dude gave an interview 6 seconds after it was over. I've seen worse than that on a playground with 5 year olds.

I'm ok with it.

Joseph M. Fasciana May 30, 2009 at 3:13 AM

To Fun Husband and other non believers,

Yes the dude (Mancow) did give an interview right after being waterboarded.

The reason he was so able is because he was allowed to sit up after 6 seconds and halt the process.

When waterboarding a pow in real life his mouth is stuffed with a rag that is soaked with water, his hands and feet are tied and he is held down and water is poured over and into his nose and mouth.

The human body can only endure these actions for about 18 to 20 seconds. Then after that he or she gags and vomits, or they convulse or pass out.

Only then are they brought up to a sitting position. Then in some cases resuscitation is used to revive the prisoner.

What you see here on this video is just a portion of the act of waterboarding, I would call it waterboarding lite when the person being waterboarded has the control to stop it immediately which he did.

It is still very excruciating.

Harrison May 31, 2009 at 12:34 AM

I guess it isn't an effective way of gaining information, eh?

conservative generation June 1, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Turns out this was a hoax and a radio stunt.

del patterson June 6, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Joseph,

Please verify that Conservative Generation is incorrect.

Joseph M. Fasciana June 10, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Hi Del,

I read the story on Gawker but they are as reliable as Fox.

Here is my take I think he planned it as a hoax and had to bill it as such. if he didn't the law would bust him because it is against the law to waterboard anyone for any reason, it is about a 100 year old law. Maybe even older, not sure,

Any way it backed fired and he ended up choking and got more then he bargained for.

I also think it started as a hoax because if you read my first comment addressed To Fun Husband I explained what would constitute a real waterboarding,

I still think he got more than he bargained for even though it was a lite version.