Monday, April 20, 2009

America's Looming Moral Bankruptcy

WARNING VERY DISTURBING AND GRAPHIC PHOTOS

WARNING VERY DISTURBING AND GRAPHIC PHOTOS
How embarrassing and degrading can we be ? When did our moral senses take leave of our souls ?

Americans fail to protest over the hideousness of wars, that continues to allow events displayed in the photos above to be perpetrated against brave American men and women, and on innocent Iraqi and Afghani civilians. Kill in spend is now seen in some Americans eyes as a better alternative than tax and spend.

Instead the right and the left continue to slug it out over money. There are tea parties spewing with hatred, not for life and limb but for cash, and for less taxes, or to lay blame on which administration bailed out who.

We no longer tag one another as liberals and conservatives, now we are fascist and socialists. I do not want my hard earned tax dollars used to kill human beings, unless our country is attacked first, so I'm not sure what to call myself yet.

Why is it such a crime to keep the American automobile industry intact but not a crime to spend trillions on death and destruction ?

Priorities in this country are disgustingly wrong and America is amoral.

All of our political leaders in the house, and even the President seems to busy to address the two wars that continues the policy of kill and spend, while right wingers are crying about the politics of tax and spend.

The left has yet organized a significant protest to counter death and destruction, and while all this turmoil about money is front and center the American soldiers get put on the back burner. This gives the new administration, and everyone of our political leaders from the right and the left the chance to turn a blind eye to the needs of our veterans, and towards war crimes and torture, and finally putting an end to the war in Iraq. How patriotic.

Keeper April 20, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I fear your song has come much too late. We are facing the worst of all possible scenarios. A nation wide revolution with nether a head nor tail. The evil I see; and know all too well, but who is righteous? My sworn loyalty is to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, both have long been defiled to point of our destruction as a free nation. Show me an honest man who will restore our country and I will stand with him!

askcherlock April 21, 2009 at 9:56 AM

I agree that these are the most difficult times I can remember. Politics is ugly no matter which party is in charge. I am afraid it is the nature of the beast. Your post has a strong impact. Let voices like your be heard and perhaps, one voice at a time will bring about awareness.

geoff April 21, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Ugly, schmugly. That pic is schlocky at best, and should be a link with a label.

Less blogging, more overthrowing of the existing regime. We ain't gonna do it with words. The Declaration is a fabulously written document, but, in the grand scheme, it didn't do half as much as a musketfire did.

masterwordsmith April 24, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Dear Joseph,

This is a very hard-hitting post that jolts us to face reality. Far too many live in denial or mask their hypocrisy behind plastic schemes or rhetoric but you have the courage and the passion to say it with no holds barred, taking the non-violent route to awaken us - those who still toss in slumber.

For that, you have my greatest respect and admiration.

Thanks for this post.

Take care...

Wolfgang May 5, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Automobiles kill lots of people in lots of different ways. Get out and walk, or bike or take a car if you really must. Just sayin'...

BC LÉTOURNEAU May 13, 2009 at 10:02 AM

disturbing stuff.
why war ?

get united.
bc
www.freedomandsport.blogspot.com

Jesse May 22, 2009 at 2:32 PM

You say that we shouldn't go to war unless attacked first because it is amoral to have such violence initiated by tax payer dollars. But, behind the whole scheme of things we are forgetting about all the innocent people that were killed in the name of fear under Saddam Hussein's dictatorship which I believe to be amoral. We cannot just turn a blind eye to things like this and these acts of violence happen all the time. We can't fix them all but even if we just take the small steps to help these people enveloped in tyranny to a better way of life then I think it is all worth it.

BC LÉTOURNEAU May 22, 2009 at 4:10 PM

shouldnt go there for war.
war is a play. between countries.
for their egos. big money.